Current Size: 100%
Code of Conduct
Code of Conduct for Women’s Worlds 2011 Online Forums
(including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Flickr, Blog, and Online Community)
Women’s Worlds 2011 is committed to allowing freedom of expression, including maintaining a safe online space for people with opposing views to express themselves.
We know that participants in our online forums are diverse and that their views on women’s/human rights, politics, religion, and many related issues will reflect that diversity. What we all share is the desire to connect and converse in meaningful ways about issues that matter.
Everyone who contributes to our online conversations should be able to express their views and beliefs in a safe environment, without feeling attacked. In order to foster a safe space for intelligent and respectful dialogue, all participants in our online forums must agree to and abide by the following Code of Conduct.
Debate is encouraged, but it must remain civil and respectful. We do not tolerate disrespect, discourtesy, vulgarity, or threats of violence on our online forums.
This means that Women’s Worlds 2011 reserves the right to remove without warning any posts and comments which:
- contain threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, hateful, or otherwise objectionable content
- disrupt dialogue -- we do not allow users to repeatedly post the same information to our online forums in a deliberate attempt to "spam", clog or otherwise inhibit open discussion
- promote violent action, even in jest -- this includes threatening or attempting to incite violence toward another user, person or entity for ANY reason
- reference subjects entirely unrelated to the Women’s Worlds 2011 congress, womens’ issues, and topics being covered at the congress
- engage in ad hominem attacks (i.e. attack a fellow user rather than the content of the comment itself), stalking or otherwise harassing others on our forums
- invade a fellow user's privacy or improperly reveal a fellow user's identity
- attempt to impersonate or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent another user, person or entity
- violate existing copyright, patent, trademark or other proprietary rights
- promote unsolicited or unauthorized commercial advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation
- endanger or harm a minor in any way
Please note: If a user violates our Code of Conduct, Women’s Worlds 2011 reserves the right to ban her/him from further participation on any of our online forums.
All participants can help us maintain a safe space. Please do not encourage abuse by responding to abusive posts or otherwise engaging in the furthering of inappropriate topics and posts. And, if you notice anything you find offensive on Women’s Worlds online forums, we would appreciate it if you would let us know by sending an email to email@example.com.