Travel Visa Information

Since WW 2011 is a global feminist congress, many participants will require a Temporary Resident visa (travel visa) to enter Canada.

Click here for a list of countries whose citizens require a Temporary Resident visa to enter Canada. Examples include: Mexico, India, China, and Nigeria.

Click here for a list of visa exempted countries. Examples include: U.S.A., U.K., Germany, Japan, and Australia.

Citizenship and Immigration Canada’s website states that all travelers to Canada must:

  • have a valid travel document, such as a passport;
  • be in good health (a medical examination may be required);
  • satisfy an immigration officer that you have ties, such as a job, home and family, that will take you back to your country of origin;
  • satisfy an immigration officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your visit;
  • have enough money for your stay. The amount of money you will need can vary with the circumstances of the visit, how long you will stay and whether you will stay in a hotel or with friends or relatives.

Temporary Resident visa requirements vary by country and citizenship, please contact your local Canadian visa office for further information.

To begin the application process for a Temporary Resident visa click here. There is a $75 fee for applying. It is important to begin the Temporary Resident visa application process early. Click here for a list of estimated visa processing times for your country.

You may be required to attend a visa interview at your nearest Canadian visa office. Please contact your local Canadian visa office for more information.

If you are from the following countries, your passport may not be accepted by Canadian immigration authorities: Czech Republic, Somalia, Republic of South Africa, and Venezuela. Please contact the Canadian visa office or embassy in your country for more information.

Visa Application: Helpful Documents

The following documents can help facilitate your visa application and interview.

  • Letter of Invitation from Women’s Worlds 2011
  • Trip itinerary, including travel to any countries other than Canada at the time of visa application.
  • Evidence that you are intending to return to your country of residence. This includes such things as:
    • Family ties in current country of residence
    • Property ownership
    • Bank account (s)
    • Employment contract or statement from employer showing that the position will continue after the dates of the meeting
    • School enrollment documentation

If completion of travel plans is contingent upon early approval of the visa application, please specify this at the time of the application.

Letter of Invitation

Women’s Worlds is happy to provide Letters of Invitation for all delegates who require them. If you require a letter of invitation, please contact

Please note that a letter of invitation does not guarantee visa approval.  The purpose of the letter is to provide information about the purpose of your trip and is only one of the documents required for your Temporary Resident visa application. Visa officers will assess applicants individually to determine eligibility.

Once approved for a Temporary Resident visa, keep your Letter of Invitation and present it along with your visa upon your arrival to Canada.